Administrative and Finance Assistant
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the Direct supervision of the Head of Office and technical supervision of the SRRMO, and in close coordination with the Resource Management Unit and relevant Colleagues in the Pretoria Regional Office, the incumbent will support the office in effective administrative, human resource and financial management of the office structure
Core functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist in logistics coordination for IOM projects and programmes in Namibia; in particular: organize events, coordinate events and its arrangement with IOM, participants and vendors (hotels, accommodation, etc.);
• Serve as procurement, logistics and assets management focal point for IOM in Namibia;
• Ensure the case files are up to date;
• Assist in coordinating and monitoring awareness raising and information campaigns and activities related to IOM projects in Namibia;
• Capturing financial data through transaction codes into PRISM system;
• Assist in monthly closure of accounts through PRISM;
• Maintain accounting records and financial supporting documents in accordance with IOM accounting rules;
• Prepare monthly budget updates;
• Assist with the UKTB Project, USRAP and Canadian Project;
• Create and maintain HR files;
• Coordinate all Resource Management related matters with RRMU Pretoria
• Participate in the UN Communications Group (UNCG) and at other relevant for as assigned;
• Assist with timely preparation of press briefing notes, newsletter articles and responsible for managing and monitoring the IOM Namibia social media page and media and communication folder on the server;
• Perform any other duty which may be assigned
Required qualifications and Experience Education
• University degree in Finance/ Accounting, Business Administration, Political/Social Sciences or any other related field with minimum three years of experience or
• Diploma with five years of relevant professional experience on the above field. Experience
• Personal commitment, initiative, drive for results, sensitivity and personal skills
• Excellent writing and organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively/ harmoniously with colleagues and project beneficiaries from varied cultural backgrounds.
• High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook) experience in computerized accounting systems including SAP application
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with Government counterparts, UN agencies and/or non-governmental organizations
• Sound knowledge of financial and administrative management and effective resource management skills Languages Fluency in English is required for this position. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage. Skills
• In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
• Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
• Knowledge of financial rules and regulations
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Additional Notes: IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Namibian nationals as well as foreign nationals with Permanent residence permit to work in Namibia are eligible to apply. Method of application: If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements, please send your letter of motivation, up-to-date Resume/CV, copy of ID, education certificates and other credential documents to email@example.com When you send your application through email, please ensure to specify the reference number SVN 2020_NA10_01 Administrative and Finance Assistant on the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Please send your applications by 07 April 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.